National and International Conferences and Events
ALIA Access 2010 conference
2nd – 3rd September 2010
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Queensland
ALIA 2010 conference will include an unconference and special interest strands for libraries.
SLAQ/IASL Joint Conference 2010
Diversity Challenge Resilience: School Libraries in Action
27th September – 1st October 2010
Convention and Exhibition Centre
The 40th Annual IASL (International Association of School Librarianship) Conference incorporating the 15th International Forum on Research in School Librarianship is being held in collaboration with the School Library Association of Queensland.
- Developing curriculum - These sessions may focus on the collaborative work of teacher-librarians and classroom teachers and teacher-librarians and students to demonstrate the effectiveness of school library programs within the curriculum; the development and delivery of engaging and inspiring teaching programs to encourage social learning.
- Delivering excellence through standards - These sessions may focus on the application of standards in information and digital literacy through national and international programs; the development and application of standards for the teacher-librarianship profession; the development of policy and procedures to support teaching standards.
- Supporting the digital education agenda - Sessions within this strand may address the changes in information & communication technologies (ICTs) and the impact on teaching and learning programs; the challenges of ICT delivery, access and bandwidth; the social and ethical responsibility of use of ICT tools.
- Building literate communities - These sessions may focus on the development of creative and literate learners through reading, writing, books, art and literature.
World Library and Information Congress: 76th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, IFLA
10th to 15th August 2010,
Theme: Open access to knowledge - promoting sustainable progress.
2nd International Symposium on Information Management in a Changing World, IFLA
September 22-24, 2010
Theme: The Impact of Technological Convergence and Social Networks on Information Management
Main topics of the Symposium are as follows:
- Technological Convergence and Information Management
- Social Networks and Web 2.0 Technologies
- Convergence, Social Networks and Education
- Digital Preservation of Cultural Heritage
- Socialization of Information and Convergence
- Information Organization, Information Architecture and Information Retrieval
- Interdisciplinary studies
Third International m-Libraries Conference
11-13th May, 2011
Exploring - mobile learning, elearning, online learning
ALIA National Library & Information Technicians Conference
Monday 12 - Friday 16 September 2011
Sheraton Hotel Perth, Western Australia
Theme: ‘Back to Basics’
ASLA XXII - Innovation Integration Instruction
3 – 6 October, 2011
Sydney, New South Wales.