Guidelines for Contributors
Manuscripts and editorial correspondence should be sent to the Editor:
Dr Susan La Marca firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributions or inquiries about Reviews should be sent to the Review Section Editor:
Dr Rosemary Abbott email@example.com
Contributions to the Horizons section should be sent to the Horizons Editor:
Dr Robin Zeidler firstname.lastname@example.org
SLAV welcomes submission for inclusion in its journal Synergy.
The vision and directions for the journal, as approved by SLAV Committee of Management, are to:
- Provide a vision and direction for members of SLAV and the broader teacher-librarianship community.
- Offer an academic, research-based discussion of school libraries and the role of the teacher-librarian.
- Offer a forum for members to publish and document their own research and evidence-based practice.
- Provide an opportunity to identify other outstanding local research and bring international writers to the attention of our members.
- Identify and evaluate professional resources.
- Explore links with other sectors of the profession.
This publication is produced primarily for the members of the School Library Association of Victoria. It is hoped it will have appeal and application to our colleagues elsewhere, within other arms of librarianship and within the broader educational community.
The most recent edition of the journal is closed to members only but all other editions of the journal are made freely available in light of the Associations interest in being collegiate and supportive of the wider professional community.
Synergy offers a peer-refereed process for articles on request. Articles will be blind refereed by at least two experts from within the field.
To enable this process to take place articles must be received by the editor two months before the advertised deadline date for the journal in which they are to appear.
This process complies with the DEST requirements for peer refereed materials and Higher Education Data Collection.
Articles that have successfully completed the referee process will be duly acknowledged in Synergy.
Articles of any length are encouraged. Most articles are around 4000 words. Length is determined by the subject matter and the aims of the author. Synergy encourages analytical discussion and exploration and does not wish to dictate limits. The online format does allow us the space to publish long articles.
An abstract of approximately 100 words should be supplied
A brief biographical note (50-100 words) about the author, suitable for publication with the manuscript, is also required.
We use APA style for referencing and intext citations.