Anita Brooks Kirkland outlines the development during recent history of advocacy and how our profession has changed its position over time. She makes a case for action advocacy and outlines a range of approaches and strategies that define advocacy in a current context.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Anita Brooks Kirkland, The Truth in Our Stories: Culturally Inclusive and Relevant School Library Learning Commons , Synergy: Vol. 16 No. 2 (2018)
- Anita Brooks Kirkland, The Canadian school libraries research toolkit: Supporting practitioner research for the school library learning commons , Synergy: Vol. 17 No. 1 (2019)
- Anita Brooks Kirkland, Action advocacy for school libraries , Synergy: Vol. 17 No. 2 (2019)
- Anita Brooks Kirkland, Moving Boldly Forward with Canadian School Libraries , Synergy: Vol. 16 No. 1 (2018)
- Anita Brooks Kirkland, The Canadian School Libraries / Eric Walters School Library Summer Lending Program: Findings from the research , Synergy: Vol. 18 No. 1 (2020)
- Anita Brooks Kirkland, Carol Koechlin, Treasure Mountain Canada: Inspiring home-grown research and school-wide improvement , Synergy: Vol. 18 No. 1 (2020)